Addison / Far North Dallas
Addison sits at the crest of northern Dallas. The town, which has grown substantially since the 1980s, offers excellent municipal services and outstanding parks and recreation programs. Addison is well-known for it special events, which take place approximately 30 weekends of the year and include such popular events as the North Texas Jazz Fest, Oktoberfest and Taste Addison. Addison Circle Park, built in the early 2000s, is the venue for many outdoor events and concerts. The town is well-known for hosting Kaboom Town!, one of the largest 4th of July fireworks shows in the United States. Addison is also home to more than 170 restaurants and Addison Airport is the nation’s third-largest general aviation airport. Residents enjoy exceptional shopping at the Galleria Dallas and Village on the Parkway. Addison is approximately 20 minutes north of downtown Dallas, and offers easy access to major highways within the city. Addison's zip code is 75001. Far North Dallas Zip codes are 75240, 75248, 75252, 75254, 75287, 75244.
Map of Addison.
Homes for Sale in Addison - Price Range:
$100,000 - $200,000
$200,000 - $300,000
$300,000 - $400,000
$400,000 - $500,000
$500,000 - $600,000
$600,000 - 700,000
$700,000 and up
If you are interested in a Luxury Residence in Addison TX, click here.
Demographics in Addison TX.
Schools in Addison TX. Schools. The Dallas Independent School District (DISD) is one of the nation's fastest improving school districts according to the Council of the Great City Schools. Dallas is home to two of the top public high schools in the country - (Yvonne A. Ewell Townview Center’s School of Science and Engineering and School for the Talented and Gifted) as reported by The Washington Post and Newsweek.
Tax rate for Addison(2015)
Utilities, Auto & Driver's License Renewal
- Electric - TXU 800.242.9113
- Gas - Atmos Energy 800.460.3030
- Phone - Verizon 800.483.4400
- Water - City of Addison 972.450.7081
- Auto Vehicle Registration - Dallas County - 500 Elm St., Dallas TX 75302 214.653.7800
- Driver's License Office Renewal, Dallas Downtown 1500 Marilla 1B South, City of Dallas Bldg, Dallas TX 75201 214.651.1859 (offices also in Carrollton, Garland and Irving.)
Shopping & Entertainment - I could fill up pages upon pages talking about all the things there are to do in Addison. Click here for the Google Shopping Map. The Galleria is a unique collection of boutiques, restaurants, and department stores.
Restaurants - What are you hungry for - Mexican, steak, Italian, fine dining, good ole home cooking, pan-latin, French, German, seafood, Middle Eastern, bistro, wine bar, coffee shops and more. Click here to see.
Airports near Addison. Click here for the link.
- Addison Airport is a small, public airport located in Addison.
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport has 24 passenger airlines (11 domestic, 13 foreign).
- Dallas Love Field is owned and operated by the City of Dallas.